TGS Forum
Hello Guest,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining this community for FREE, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, & many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple & absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
TGS Forum
Hello Guest,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining this community for FREE, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, & many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple & absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
TGS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
z0m6!3
Forum V.I.P
Forum V.I.P
z0m6!3

[SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing  Empty
PostSubject: [SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing    [SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 am

Here in this tutorial let me teach you how to recover your Windows when you get a common and a very often problem…

Symptom: Your PC will start but after showing the POST (Power On Self Testing) it gives a error message saying “NTLDR MISSING”.

Reason: This will occur when your PC is shutdown without any schedule i.e incomplete shutdown (ex: sudden power cut) or may be affected by the VIRUS…

Cause: This happens because the important system file NTLDR which is necessary for the system boot up has been deleted or corrupted.

Solution:

This problem has a similar solution as same as the previous one where NTDETECT.COM was missing. Here are steps to troubleshoot it.

• Insert the XP bootable CD and select CD-ROM from the boot menu to load the XP.
  • Press any key to continue to boot from the CD.
  • After the necessary drivers and tools gets loaded then it asks for some options to select.

Code:
        1. ENTER => To continue with the installation.
        2. R => Recovery Console or 1st repair.
        3. F3 => Quit Installation.
  • Now select i.e press R to enter the recovery console mode.
  • Once entered into Recovery Console you will be asked for the administrator password to continue, give the password and hit ENTER.
  • Next a screen similar to COMMAND PROMT will be there i.e it will be showing some path there. Now you need to shift to the CD-ROM drive.
  • To move to the CD-ROM drive you need to type the command F: and hit ENTER.

Quote :
    Here i have assumed F as the CD-ROM drive letter, it may not be the same in all computers.

• Now change the path to other folder i.e i386 which contains all the elements required for XP. To do that, type the command CD i386 and hit ENTER.
  • Now you are in I386 folder. Next is copying the NTDETECT.COM file into your C drive. To do that type COPY NTLDR C:\ and hit ENTER.

OR

• Other way is go to C drive and type the command as COPY F:\i386\NTLDR and hit ENTER. The file will be copied.

Thats all now hardware reset (restart) the Computer and see your Windows XP booting perfectly..! yes

Hope this was helpful..
Feel free to comment or ask any doubts or anything..! afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.computingtweaks.com
ungli
ungli

[SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing    [SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Thank you ! I was looking for that ! thanks
Back to top Go down

[SOLUTION] NTLDR Missing
Page 1 of 1