TGS Forum
Hello Guest,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining this community for FREE, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, & many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple & absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
TGS Forum
Hello Guest,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining this community for FREE, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, & many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple & absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
TGS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Malay Akechan
Administrator
Administrator
Malay Akechan

OS Used : Windows 7 & XP
Mobile : Nokia 5233, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Browser : Google Chrome Plus

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Empty
PostSubject: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:10 pm

The recently launched and much publicized Reliance 3G Tab has made its way to our hands, while we dig deep into it for a detailed review, we are ready with our initial impressions and some exclusive images.

Initial Impressions:

• Build quality is quite acceptable, the device feels reasonably solid and the finish does not feel cheap or typically low-cost. sarcastic

• While it’s not as slim as an iPad 2, the Reliance 3G Tab is identical in dimensions as the Samsung Galaxy Tab (very first 7-inch version); it’s not overly chunky or heavy.

• The 7-inch capacitive screen is largely accurate in response, though there are occasional freezes and stutters. Colours appear washed out and contrast isn’t a strong point of this tablet. Suspect

• Gingerbread performance is average for most part, it can be compared to the LG Optimus P500 running on Gingerbread. Overall, the lag is not frustrating but does not go unnoticed either. grrr

• The battery charging seems pretty fast, 10 minutes of charging pushed the battery level to 9% from a completely discharged unit.
    We ran couple of initial benchmarks, the Reliance 3G Tab logged a score of 950 points on the Quadrant Standard benchmark

• The camera quality is rubbish, enough said. banghead

With Bharti Airtel launching the Rs 9,999 Android tablet under the "Beetel" umbrella, the budget/value tablet space seems to be finally seeing the light of the day, expect lot more announcements soon.

We shall be out with our detailed review of the Reliance 3G Tablet with more benchmarks and tests in the 48 hours, stay tuned.......

In the meanwhile, read on for an up close and personal look at the Reliance 3G Tab:

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-1-Reliance%203G%20Tab%20Box+opening%20image
The 3G Tab Box, for those who are looking for the complete picture ;)

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-2-Reliance%203G%20Tab%20box%20contents
Box contents- It comes with a charger, USB cable, headset, manual, 3G Data SIM card and a pre-paid startup booklet.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-3-Reliance%203G%20Tab%20top
The top edge accommodates the speaker grill and the headphone jack.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-4-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20back
The back has a smooth silver finish with the Reliance branding.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-7-Reliance%203G%20Tab%20back%20open(1)
Opening the 3G Tab wasn't a struggle at all, a groove at the corner is thoughtfully provided for easy removal of the back cover.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-9-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20is%20ZTE%20V9c
The Reliance 3G Tab is indeed the ZTE V9C, as we had reported earlier.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-10-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20battery
The 3400 mAh battery for the 7-inch tablet.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-11-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20simcard%20and%20memcard
The SIM card and microSD card slot, the tablet came with 4GB Transcend microSD card.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-12-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20connecting%20to%20RWorld
Handset (tablet in this case) configuration pop-up on first boot.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-13-Reliance%203G%20Tab%20custom%20apps
Apart from the regular apps, you get Reliance TV and couple of more RWorld apps.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-14-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20custom%20music%20app
RWorld App takes you to the Full2Music service page, Reliance offers 100 full music track downloads for a monthly fee of Rs 100.

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab New-15-%20Reliance%203G%20Tab%20running%20in%20Android%202_3
The Reliance 3G Tab running Google Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tgsforum.in
z0m6!3
Forum V.I.P
Forum V.I.P
z0m6!3

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Isn't this cool..! I dont have much knowledge about Androids as i have not used it but i think this is affordable one..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.computingtweaks.com
ungli
ungli

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

First of all this was a very exiting review ! I must congratulate author .. rock

Tab seems quite exciting at a price of 12k but some core features and specs lack ...

As told earlier by BESTGEEK .. It has low processor which can undeed affect multitasking and other graphic related jobs ..

Meanwhile .. The biggest demerit is to unlock it for the use on other networks .. ( i m pretty sure it will run only reliance)

So it is wise to go for a more expensive tab ....

Back to top Go down
BestGeeK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
BestGeeK

OS Used : Windows 7, Windows 8 Dev Preview
Mobile : Nokia 5230, iPhone 4, Blackberry 9930, Galaxy S2, HTC HD7
Browser : Opera

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Unlocking will not be an issue if this thing picks the market, which I'm slightly skeptical (not much though). Price is the sweet spot where you can ignore some of the feature/performance issues. It's handy in situations where you want full browsing experience (n somehow you don't know how to open full pages in your mobile OMG ), but don't push yourself to play Ashphalt, Real Soccer, NOVA or similar. Your device will get to its knee n starts beggin.
My take is that, it's not for nerds but for vintage jerks. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://bikasv.wordpress.com/
ungli
ungli

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:26 pm

BestGeeK wrote:
Unlocking will not be an issue if this thing picks the market, which I'm slightly skeptical (not much though). Price is the sweet spot where you can ignore some of the feature/performance issues. It's handy in situations where you want full browsing experience (n somehow you don't know how to open full pages in your mobile OMG ), but don't push yourself to play Ashphalt, Real Soccer, NOVA or similar. Your device will get to its knee n starts beggin.
My take is that, it's not for nerds but for vintage jerks. lol!

TRUE SAID !! clap
Back to top Go down
honey_gupta

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I bought this ..

eveyrthing seems to be fine except one big miss there is no video chat app over wifi connection.

Infact if I am not wrong reliance specifically disabled ths video chat feature for this tab , as in all the android 2.3.4 versions google talk comes with video chat feature.

plus other free apps frm the android market fr video chat (oovoo etc) can't be installed as they do not recognize the maufacturer as that field is not filled in the OS of this tab.

it can't play avi ,mpeg and wmv video formats ,but ther are free apps in the market to do that, so no issues here.

overall a decent buy .. i just wish they cud bring an update fr video chat in google talk ..

Back to top Go down
Malay Akechan
Administrator
Administrator
Malay Akechan

OS Used : Windows 7 & XP
Mobile : Nokia 5233, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Browser : Google Chrome Plus

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Really, it is hard to figure out why Reliance disabled video chat feature even when the OS has a native support for that. Suspect

But is must be clear that this device has been targeted towards value for money (of course for the cost of features).

Though it is possible to play formats like .avi, .wmv and mpeg using apps available in the Android Market, but, I doubt the quality wise. Suspect

We have a lotta tabs around which are capable of rendering 1080p videos as well. yes

Now if we look at the graphics capabilities, as quoted by BestGeek, such devices are going to beg.

We recommend such devices only for the value for money & and definitely not for power users, multitaskers & gamers! No
Back to top Go down
http://www.tgsforum.in
ungli
ungli

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Poor processor doesnt deserve enough multitasking .. banghead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab   Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hands On - Reliance 3G Tab
Page 1 of 1